Sunday, October 17, 2010

Final thoughts

It's taken me a while to get everything about Miss Burlesque, so I apologise for just one last post! So here are the results from the competition!

MISS BURLESQUE AUSTRALIA 2010 is Rita Fontaine!




Photos by Dominic Kieler


First runner up....Briana Bluebell!


Photo by Dominic Kieler


Second runner up...Clara Cupcakes!


Photo by Michael Kery


Other titles at the competition:
Entertainer of the Year - The Strawberry Siren VIC

Miss Showgirl Couture - Peachey Dream VIC
Miss Congeniality - Ruby Right TAS
Miss Bump & Grind - Amelie Lulu QLD
Miss Fantastic - Flavella L'Amour SA
Miss Pin-Up - Becky Lou TAS
Miss Elegant - Ginger LaMinge WA
Miss Bunny Licious - Sapphire Demure SA
Miss Revival - Ellashaye D'More QLD
Miss Classic - Danica Lee NSW
And I came away with............Miss Tassle Twirl!



The show was of such a high standard, and I think without the rigid judging criteria given to the judges it would have been very difficult for the judges! Apparently it was very very close, and I'm not surprised. I was really impressed by everyone's professionalism and willingness to help one another. It was such a fabulous experience and I was just happy to be there. I think next years competition is going to be even tougher, as I think a lot of performers were waiting to see what it would turn out like (as this was the first year). I'm able to compete again next year, and it was such a fun experience I think I will! Thanks to Jac and Cass for running the event, and everyone who supported me! Especially my lovely boyfriend Jarryd who listened to me obsessing about the show for hours, as well as talking about it for hours afterwards. Obviously not everything goes to plan, but overall it was lots of fun and full of awesomeness.

Being the mischevous minxes we are, Clara Cupcakes and I decided to hold our own crowning ceremony in the bus after the show....

Becky Lou : Miss Boobalicous (she seriously has the most amazing boobs on the planet)
Ruby Right : Miss Sweet 'n' Sour (she seems all sweet but then comes up with weird zombie acts!)
Ginger LaMinge : Miss Mingearama (she made herself a ginger merkin which made an appearance in the final group performance).
Peachey Dream: Miss Smallest Chin (erm...inside joke)
The Strawberry Siren: Miss Plague (she was drastically sick and had to be quarantined)
Danica Lee: Miss Congenial Chaffeur (for helping everyone out by running us around, so nice!)
Ellashaye D'Amour: Miss Sunshine (if you've ever met Ellashaye, you'll understand!)
Sapphire Demure: Miss Rude Head (erm...another inside joke)
Clara Cupcakes: Miss Hump-a-lot (no explanation needed really)
Briana Bluebell: Miss Mess-a-lot (she bathed in a bath of glitter on stage that ran into the audience...lol!)
Amelie Lulu: Miss Herpes (for spreading the herpes of the craft world, glitter, all over the hotel)
Flavella L'Amour: Miss Sexual Innuendo (she handles a giant snake on stage, need we say more?)
Luna Eclipse: Miss Assles
Rita Fontaine: well, she already has an amazing title...who'd want another?

Now I'll finish with my favourite photo from the show, by Dominic Kieler.




Peaches 'n' Gin Burlesque
Adelaide's dynamite duo!
info@peachesngin.com
Ph 0431 949 703
Got a question about Peaches 'n' Gin or anything burlesque related? Send us an email and we'll answer it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment