Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Farewell 2010, and thankyou!

As 2010 draws to a close I can't help but look back on the last year with a small amount of amazement at how far Peaches 'n' Gin has come. Here is a little look at the last year...

We kicked off the year a little late in April, with our "Burlesque Eggstravaganza", a show dedicated the fun and frivolity of easter eggs and bunny rabbits...naughty rabbits that is.





We then performed at the first Australian Burlesque Festival, which was an amazing experience. This is a snapshot of us backstage.



After the festival we took part in the Cabaret Fringe Festival for the first time, with our production, "A Burlesque Cabaret". It was a variety night with a real mish mash of acts.







In June, both Sapphire and I competed in Miss Burlesque Australia, where I was lucky enough to take part in the finals, earning myself the titles Miss Burlesque Adelaide 2010 and Miss Tassel Twirl 2010. It was a full on but fun experience. I blogged about it here.



August saw the grand opening of our Burlesque Academy, which is a constant source of joy for me, as I watch students master tricks of the tease, embracing their sensuality and feminity. Teaching burlesque is absolutely one of my favourite things to do! Next year is going to be a big year for the Academy, with a whole new set of classes in the works and shows especially for showcasing student performances. I can't wait!

Since August, we have had two shows, Belles of Burlesque, which I blogged about here, and Dear Santa, featuring performer and teacher Rosy Rabbit, which I blogged about in my last post.

As well as all these shows and performances, we have been kept busy with interviews with the press, performances at private functions, and pursuing our love of all things vintage!

Sapphire and I would like to extend a big thankyou to all those who have supported us. There are many of you who have supported us from the very beginning, and for that we are grateful. This year wouldn't have been so amazing if it weren't for all of our return audience members who line up for tickets at every show, and for all of our students who are a never ending source of inspiration. We look forward to celebrating the fabulousness of burlesque with all of you in 2011!

We would also like to thank all of our performers and support staff who have put their all into every show they have been a part of, Cara Louise, Rohan Watts, Joe Spades, Dave Salter, Jewel, Andrew, Caitlin, Emma, Enken, Ria, and all the ladies in Peach Blossoms. A special thanks to Ria, as she was one of the founding members of Peaches 'n' Gin. Whilst she has moved onto other things in her life, she has always been there to support Sapphire and I.

I would like to add a big thankyou to Sapphire, who's hard work and dedication is thoroughly appreciated. I'd also like to thank my parents, Kevin Godfrey, who is always there with camera in hand and a big hug for me at the end of every show, and Zalika Godfrey, who gives me honest and constructive advice and usually brings me chocolate backstage. Then there is my sister Jewel, and my boyfriend Jarryd, both who have encouraged me to continually improve myself and go after my dreams. There are also numerous friends, too many to list here, but you know who you are and I love you!



Happy teasing, see you in 2011!


Peaches 'n' Gin Burlesque
Adelaide's dynamite duo!
info@peachesngin.com
Ph 0431 949 703
Got a question about Peaches 'n' Gin or anything burlesque related? Send us an email and we'll answer it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment